Thursday, January 12, 2012

Done Disney... with a PR!

My training really slacked off, normally I do over a thousand miles a year but didn't even hit 500 Miles in 2011. During the tough winter with record snowfall I was training for the NY Half's and happy with above average times for me in both the Central Park Half and 13.1 in Flushing Meadows. After those two events I never got back into a routine and was only running once a week, if that...

In December I started thinking New Year's Resolutions and decided to do four Half Marathons in 2012, since  Team in Training was sending a crew to Disney I tagged along for the run with an over confident attitude... It's Only a Half...

My last trip to Disney in 2010 for the Goofy Run was the coldest events I have ever run and my luck with weather continued to Nashville where we had tornado warnings and followed me to San Diego with blistering heat...  Delight weather started this years season... Morning temps in the 50's were good for running and the sunny mid 70's made for a great afternoon recovering at the pool.

My Finish Time - PR'd on my slow side
Suppose I should touch on the run... when I caught the 4:30am shuttle I felt kind of off... Normally I'm not nervous before an event but I was sweating and felt nauseous on the walk to the start.  Disney is not the place to go if you are running for time, it's crowded with several tight spots but I plugged along for a new record slow pace.  Actually I'm a "middle of the pack" runner so you could say I timed this flawlessly.  My pace was the exact average of all Connecticut runners right down to the second!

The real enjoyment of event weekend is the after party and the TNT crew was one of the more festive groups this trip.  After the Victory Party that included 900+ Team in Training Runners the Connecticut Crew took on Downtown Disney until sometime after midnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment